Why no chat room?

for discussions in english about the portal.

Modérateurs : minervois, diplojak, Piano, Crevette, lynkowsky

Règles du forum
this forum is for announcements and general discussions about boiteajeux, in english. To discuss about a specific game, you can post in english in the forum of this game.

Why no chat room?

Message par sneakypete21 » 10 Nov 2016 11:43

Hi folks. I came onto this site as a regular Yucata user but wanting to play some of the games available on BAJ. If I want to play a 'live' game on Yucata I pitch up on the chat and see if there's interest. How do I go about doing this on BAJ? It's not easy, at least I have not found a way of doing this.
sneakypete21

Message(s) : 1

Re: Why no chat room?

Message par fafa fr » 07 Jan 2017 15:56

I totally agree. A chat would be very convenient, especially to ask for certain types of game (live, initiation, or other "specificities" (or "peculiarities", not sure about which word I should use) that are not exisiting in the current filters and options), or to ask questions and have answers more quickly than by forum. The chat on yucata is very convenient. But I don't know if it would be easy or difficult to add.

If I want to play a 'live' game on Yucata I pitch up on the chat and see if there's interest. How do I go about doing this on BAJ?

Maybe you have figured it out since you wrote this post, but just in case (and for other readers), the usual way here is to create a game and to add a comment to your game, eg. "live please". (But I think it would be better for a few reasons to have a chat.)
fafa fr

Message(s) : 20

Message par frederic.moulis » 07 Jan 2017 16:32

chat has been added for a few months on this site. It has been used... well, a few days. And then, nobody used it. So we removed it, because it was completely useless.

I don't know what you're talking about fafa, but on the games I implemented, I may answer in an average time of 5 minutes... (I said "average", when I sleep, you have to wait for me to wake up ;) )
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 2691

Message par fafa fr » 07 Jan 2017 18:22

frederic.moulis a écrit :I don't know what you're talking about fafa, but on the games I implemented, I may answer in an average time of 5 minutes... (I said "average", when I sleep, you have to wait for me to wake up ;) )

Actually, apart from "Hi, someone for a live or almost live alchemists, dungeon lords, castles of burgundy (3 players min) or finstere flure?", I didn't have any precise example in mind of things to ask on the chat, and I was thinking about questions for everybody, not specifically questions for devs and admins. I just noticed several times on yucata.de that the chat was convenient, not only to ask for live games. (e.g. when you play a live game, it's even more great to have an answer about a rule in 30s than in 5 minutes.) But maybe we're not many who would like it and use it?
fafa fr

Message(s) : 20

Retour vers English forum