vacation too long

for discussions in english about the portal.

Modérateurs : minervois, diplojak, Piano, Crevette, lynkowsky

Règles du forum
this forum is for announcements and general discussions about boiteajeux, in english. To discuss about a specific game, you can post in english in the forum of this game.

vacation too long

Message par lindagilp » 02 Juil 2018 13:19

I think a player in game 3041206 is abusing the vacation privilege. First of all, I really don't think a 30 day vacation should ever be allowed. That is just too long. But now this player has dropped in a made a play and extended his vacation another 7 days. I believe he is using the vacation as a way to keep from being kicked out of the game.
lindagilp

Message(s) : 22

Re: vacation too long

Message par covadis » 02 Juil 2018 13:31

Are you speaking abiut this game http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/agr/partie.php?id=3041206 (you don't say if it is Agricola) ?
But the last move is on June 26th ! Why did you speak about more than 30 days ?
covadis

Message(s) : 3192

Message par jouons » 02 Juil 2018 14:36

Being on "vacation" doesn't prevent you from being kicked out from a game if you overtime.

It's just an indicator for other players that you could be slower than usual.
(Being on holidays doesn't always prevent you from accessing internet.)

If they are nice or if you ask nicely they could wait for you, but they don't have to.
In a game with default settings, 30 days is the standard maximum wait time.
jouons

Message(s) : 336

Message par covadis » 02 Juil 2018 16:17

jouons a écrit :Being on "vacation" doesn't prevent you from being kicked out from a game if you overtime.

It's just an indicator for other players that you could be slower than usual.
(Being on holidays doesn't always prevent you from accessing internet.)

If they are nice or if you ask nicely they could wait for you, but they don't have to.
In a game with default settings, 30 days is the standard maximum wait time.

This game is with a 7 days limitation (may be one time over the limitation).
covadis

Message par lindagilp » 02 Juil 2018 22:22

I know the player in this Agricola game DID play on 6/26, but then extended his vacation time AGAIN. My complaint was that he appeared to be using the vacation time in an unfair way. However, after I posted my original message he removed his current 7 day vacation. Hopefully he won't add another one. This game, which originally had a 7-day limit on it has dragged on since early March, almost exclusively because of this particular player.
lindagilp

Message par lindagilp » 02 Juil 2018 22:25

Ha, ha...guess I spoke too soon, he has now put his 7 day vacation back on. Oh, well, eventually this game will be over, and I will never have to play with this player again. Too many nice and considerate players out there to have to put up with players like this one.
lindagilp

Message par covadis » 03 Juil 2018 8:04

lindagilp a écrit :Ha, ha...guess I spoke too soon, he has now put his 7 day vacation back on. Oh, well, eventually this game will be over, and I will never have to play with this player again. Too many nice and considerate players out there to have to put up with players like this one.

You read too quickly the answer of jouons :(
covadis

Message par lindagilp » 03 Juil 2018 14:14

I did read that answer, but during the 30 days, the button has never appeared where you could kick him out of the game. And I do understand that there is a normal 30 days in a game, however this game was started with a 7-day play so that each player was supposed to make at least one play every 7 days...or I am misunderstanding that? My only complaint is that this player seems to be using the vacation to hide behind in order to extend this game. And to keep from being kicked out, just a few days before the vacation is due to be over, he drops in and makes one play, which I'm assuming keeps us from being able to remove him from the game because the button never appears. Plus now that the long, long 30 day vacation is finally over he has started another vacation. I just think enough is enough and he is being very unkind by dragging this game out for months on end.
lindagilp

Message par covadis » 03 Juil 2018 14:21

lindagilp a écrit :I did read that answer, but during the 30 days, the button has never appeared where you could kick him out of the game. And I do understand that there is a normal 30 days in a game, however this game was started with a 7-day play so that each player was supposed to make at least one play every 7 days...or I am misunderstanding that? My only complaint is that this player seems to be using the vacation to hide behind in order to extend this game. And to keep from being kicked out, just a few days before the vacation is due to be over, he drops in and makes one play, which I'm assuming keeps us from being able to remove him from the game because the button never appears. Plus now that the long, long 30 day vacation is finally over he has started another vacation. I just think enough is enough and he is being very unkind by dragging this game out for months on end.

Look at the history, (as written) there is maybe one period where there is more than 7 days no more. Each player took time (and you also :mrgreen: on action 236 you took more than 7 days )
covadis

Message par lynkowsky » 03 Juil 2018 17:02

jouons a écrit :Being on "vacation" doesn't prevent you from being kicked out from a game if you overtime.

Could you please read the replies given to you.

lindagilp a écrit :My only complaint is that this player seems to be using the vacation to hide behind in order to extend this game.

You have no reason to complain, as you are wrong.
lynkowsky
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 11004

Message par lindagilp » 04 Juil 2018 5:38

Okay, at first I thought I just wasn't explaining what I was trying to say clearly. But it is now obvious to me that I am just not understanding...and therefore I must be wrong. I don't know how to ck the history but I definitely take your word for it. It still kind of seems to me that a 30 day vacation from a game seems like a lot to ask for. But again I humbly accept the fact that I'm looking at this wrongly. Thank you all for your input. Obviously I have a lot to learn about the inner workings of this game.
lindagilp

Message par covadis » 04 Juil 2018 6:56

lindagilp a écrit :Okay, at first I thought I just wasn't explaining what I was trying to say clearly. But it is now obvious to me that I am just not understanding...and therefore I must be wrong. I don't know how to ck the history but I definitely take your word for it. It still kind of seems to me that a 30 day vacation from a game seems like a lot to ask for. But again I humbly accept the fact that I'm looking at this wrongly. Thank you all for your input. Obviously I have a lot to learn about the inner workings of this game.

lindagilp
To sum up
In that game, many players take time to play, but rarely more than 7 days.
If you want to see the history, it is something like this http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/agr/historiq ... id=3041206 (really useful to play sometimes)
It is not because you are on holidays that you stop the "countdown". It is only to say to your opponent "Hey I'm not sure to be able to play, so please try to be patient" or any other polite version.
Expect that it is clearer for you
covadis

Message par lindagilp » 04 Juil 2018 14:29

Thank you covadis for the further explanation. Actually I have used the history button lots of times. However, when you posted that link I further investigated because I never had noticed at all that you could hover over the move # and it would tell you the date and time the play was made. Now things are coming into perspective for me and I will be better able to tell when a player has actually made a play...in case I am questioning that. Thanks again to everyone for being patient with me in trying to educate me in how I was looking at this from a wrong point of view. :)
lindagilp

Retour vers English forum