English description of action cartes

Modérateurs : diplojak, Piano, lynkowsky

English description of action cartes

Message par Paul Felz » 13 Déc 2017 12:15

It seems to me that the english translation of two of the action cards is misleading. Maybe this is an old issue, but I only found out about this "the hard way". And I wonder if the translation is wrong, or there is a bug in the game?

1. It says on one card "Move any empty tower block directly on the board to another empty space on the board..." However, this card can be used to move blocks that are not sitting on the board, but on top of other blocks.

2. On another card, it says "Move one of your knights past one other knight by jumping over it..." Apparently, the "other knight" must in fact be an opponent's knight.
Paul Felz

Message(s) : 10

Re: English description of action cartes

Message par Piano » 13 Déc 2017 15:41

Paul Felz a écrit :1. It says on one card "Move any empty tower block directly on the board to another empty space on the board..." However, this card can be used to move blocks that are not sitting on the board, but on top of other blocks.

There are 2 cards to move a tower block. The first card is used to add a tower block from his supply... and the second card is used to move a tower block already on the board and put it elsewhere on the board.

Paul Felz a écrit :2. On another card, it says "Move one of your knights past one other knight by jumping over it..." Apparently, the "other knight" must in fact be an opponent's knight.

That's right.
Piano
Modérateur

Message(s) : 6373

Message par Paul Felz » 13 Déc 2017 17:31

Then shouldn't one adjust the formulation? Remove "directly on the board" from the first description (because "directly" insinuates that the block is sitting at level 1, and the picture on the cards also seems to mean this)?

And shouldn't one replace "other" by "opponent's" in the second?

That might make the game a bit easier to understand for newbies (like me).
Paul Felz

Message(s) : 10

Message par Piano » 14 Déc 2017 14:17

You're probably right...
Piano
Modérateur

Message(s) : 6373

Retour vers Torres