Tzaar robot

Modérateurs : minervois, Piano, lynkowsky, alesk

Tzaar robot

Message par Paulie » 21 Mars 2012 0:29

Hello / salut,

I launched a robot for Tzaar that can automatically play with you. Its name is Pauliebot. If you want to play with it, just send invitation and I manually join the bot to the game (automatic joining when the bot is invited should be done tomorrow.) Of course, you won't play with bot, if you don't invite it.

Also, I think that the bot is beatable for intermediate players, especially when it's white (there are some bugs) -- but you should play the best from the beginning since in the endgame it can find winning strategy easily (if there's any). In the beginning of the game, it plays quite random moves (but not silly moves) to be less boring :-) I will also continue to work on it, so you can expect some improvements on it.

When the robot is running, it should respond at worst in few minutes (if it plays more games), but usually the waiting for the response should last from a few seconds to one minute. The bot is looking every 30 seconds whether it has something to play (for admin: isn't it too little time for waiting?). When the robot is running, you should see its nick Pauliebot in the list of online players (now it's running on my laptop which is not online all the time).

I would appreciate if you will play with it. You can post feadback on its playing, report bugs etc. here or by email to paulie at atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz.

Thanks and have fun! :-)
Paulie

PS: Neither I'm using my bot when I play under my nick Paulie, nor I'm playing instead of bot (under nick Pauliebot).
Paulie

Message(s) : 48

Re: Tzaar robot

Message par Gambit » 21 Mars 2012 1:06

Invitation sent ;)
Gipf :) :) Diaballik :) :) Tzaar :) Championnat A/R :) :) Triple Play LSG :)
Killer :) Tatoo Turtles 8) GIPF Project :) Dorix :( Pax :)
--
No Way !!
http://dibeuv.minitroopers.fr/
@dibeuv
Gambit

Message(s) : 960

Message par Zarl » 21 Mars 2012 7:15

It took more than a minute, and the boat has not yet made ??his move. http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/tza/partie.php?id=20732
Damage?
Zarl

Message(s) : 14

Message par Mysterix » 21 Mars 2012 9:14

Zarl a écrit :It took more than a minute, and the boat has not yet made ??his move. http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/tza/partie.php?id=20732
Damage?

You invited Paulie instead of Pauliebot :wink:
Mysterix
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 2968

Message par Paulie » 21 Mars 2012 9:56

Zarl a écrit :It took more than a minute, and the boat has not yet made ??his move. http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/tza/partie.php?id=20732
Damage?

Sorry, I didn't expect any invitations in the night or in the morning and turned the computer off. I try not to do it anymore.
Paulie

Message par lynkowsky » 21 Mars 2012 10:41

Well, I lost...

At the beginning, I thought its moves were weaks. But I've done a mistake in the endgame, and then it is very good !
lynkowsky
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 10976

Message par mat76 » 21 Mars 2012 10:51

lynkowsky a écrit :Well, I lost...

At the beginning, I thought its moves were weaks. But I've done a mistake in the endgame, and then it is very good !
idem! :( :wink: :geek:
Au fond c'est un peu idiot : si les papillons de nuit aiment autant que ça la lumière, pourquoi ne vivent ils pas le jour ? (le chat)
mat76
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 6963

Message par Paulie » 21 Mars 2012 10:57

Nice, the bot was two times defeated by Gambit and has two wins so far. I guess that the real bot ELO is something between 1800 and 1900. Thanks for playing. :)

By the way, the weak moves in the beginning are caused by random choosing between moves that has evaluation not far from the best move. I try to make it a little less random.
Paulie

Message par alesk » 21 Mars 2012 22:21

Hi !

Very nice idea, but you have to do something against the multiple and small stacks strategy. I won easily game 20750
alesk
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 4161

Message par rupelboom » 21 Mars 2012 22:38

:D

Paulie, nice 2 meet you! Your creator, unfortunately, has made you mute & not at all able to have a conversation. Couldn't he do anything about that? (If not, don't you bother 2 much...!)

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
rupelboom

Message(s) : 102

Message par rupelboom » 21 Mars 2012 22:58

Hi!
It's me again and ... I've won. It was way too easy, Pauliebot: in the end your Tzar was about 9 metres high but all other pieces were neglected. Too bad: a piece of cake for me.

Next time better?

:)
rupelboom

Message(s) : 102

Message par Paulie » 22 Mars 2012 1:35

rupelboom a écrit :Hi!
It's me again and ... I've won. It was way too easy, Pauliebot: in the end your Tzar was about 9 metres high but all other pieces were neglected. Too bad: a piece of cake for me.

Next time better?

:)

alesk a écrit :Hi !

Very nice idea, but you have to do something against the multiple and small stacks strategy. I won easily game 20750

Thanks for this information, I try to make it better but it will take some time :) I'll let you know when the bot should be stronger.

rupelboom a écrit :Paulie, nice 2 meet you! Your creator, unfortunately, has made you mute & not at all able to have a conversation. Couldn't he do anything about that? (If not, don't you bother 2 much...!)

Oh, I forgot! :lol: But I think that to create a bot that is able to have a conversation is more difficult than to write a bot for every game on this server :)

Again for all who played with bot:
merci beaucoup!
Paulie

Message par n0mis » 17 Juil 2015 11:39

Is this bot still active?

Actually, is there a list of all active tzaar bots?
n0mis

Message(s) : 2

Message par Paulie » 27 Juil 2015 21:39

n0mis a écrit :Is this bot still active?

Actually, is there a list of all active tzaar bots?

Hi,

sorry, there is a bug in the client for communication with the BAJ server. I will post a message in this topic when I will manage to fix it.

As for the list of robots, see my thesis: http://iuuk.mff.cuni.cz/~vesely/tzaar/thesis.pdf The list may be outdated, since I have not looked for the AIs for Tzaar since 2013. For playing offline you can use my robot together with the Daedalus Game Manager, both is included in the source code of here: https://github.com/pavelvesely/tzaar-ai (you have to compile it).

For the other robots, I recommend hsTzaar, but somebody may have done a better one ...

Paulie
Paulie

Retour vers Tzaar