[BUG - FIXED]: Drinking Trough + Wildlife Reserve

[BUG - FIXED]: Drinking Trough + Wildlife Reserve

Message par Xanalor » 20 Mars 2012 5:50

According to the rollover compendium text for the Drinking Trough, it DOES increase the capacity of the Wildlife Reserve. However, in this game:

http://www.boiteajeux.net/jeux/agr/partie.php?id=126830

I have both in play and it's still only letting my put 1 sheep in the Wildlife Reserve. Not really an issue at the moment, but it will be if I try to breed at some point. Not a big deal, but wanted to report it in case this slipped through the cracks (or if the Compendium ruling is wrong, in which case the rollover text should be fixed).
Xanalor

Message(s) : 4

Re: Bug: Drinking Trough + Wildlife Reserve

Message par diplojak » 20 Mars 2012 10:27

you are right, Drinking Trough has to increase Wildlife Reserve capacity, but I can't say HOW. Does it mean 3 sheeps, 3 boars and 3 cattles (I can do this) or 5 animals max, including 3 max of each type (I am afraid I can't do this)?
diplojak
Administrateur

Message(s) : 7134

Message par Xanalor » 22 Mars 2012 1:43

I'm pretty sure it's the second option... total capacity is 5, up to three of any one animal (or 2 each of 2 different animals).

Given how the animal dialog is currently programmed, that does seem complex. But since there's already an onchange script which locks out other drop-downs, maybe the script could also just modify the max values for the other animal drop-downs. So at first Sheep, Boar and Cattle would all have drop-downs of 0, 1, 2 or 3. Then if you set Sheep to 3, it'd adjust Boar and Cattle to be 0 or 1 (for example).

In any event, I have no problems playing through the current game without the ability to hold extra animals.
Xanalor

Message(s) : 4

Message par Dermerlin » 22 Mars 2012 2:35

I asked me the same question.
I'd think it's 3 max of any animal, and 4 max in total for 2 sorts of animals (that means not 3 sheeps and 2 cattles for example).
The reason is obviously, that there has to be one space reserved for each of the 3 sorts of animals.

The other possibility (for me) would be 2 max of each animal. As the Wildlife Reserve allowes to keep animals in a balanced distribtion, this would be the logical update.

The variant 3 of each sort sounds wrong to me. The capacity is increased by 2 and not by 6.

But at least it's all our interpreatations, there is no obviously correct solution on this.

regards Merlin
Dermerlin

Message(s) : 524

Message par LimeySponge » 07 Avr 2012 4:13

I have not played a game with the wildlife refuge, do I don't know the details of its implementation but, if we ignore the aesthetics for a moment, functionally, adding two additional animal slots to It is equivalent to using the existing set up and adding 2 virtual stables. After all, what we are trying to do is allow for 5 slots with 3 of them limited to a specific animal and the other two able to be anything. The existing code (I presume) takes care of the 3 limited slots, and the other two are able to hold one of any animal, just like a basic stable(so long as no other cards affect the capacity of these pseudo stables). It would be prettier if it all displayed in a single line on the animal assignment dialog, but for a limited case like this. I would think a slightly less attractive but functionally correct solution would be sufficient. That said, I don't know any of the underlying code so there could be other constraints that make this less feasible.
LimeySponge

Message(s) : 5

Message par diplojak » 10 Avr 2012 9:14

thanks for your suggestion, it seems a good idea.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message par TwitchBot » 12 Mai 2012 1:02

diplojak a écrit :thanks for your suggestion, it seems a good idea.

Just to throw out one other thought:

If you decide that it's not really possible to fix the cards to make them work together, then perhaps just change the text from the compendium that displays when you hover over the cards? The only frustration right now, is that when you read the card it specifically tells you that Drinking Trough and Wildlife Reserve work together. So it's a bit disappointing to play them and find out they don't!

If it simply said that they did not work together in the first place, at least then you would know what to expect. (Personally I think it's strange that they work together at all, since Drinking Trough increase "pastures" and the Wildlife Reserve does not count as a "pasture".

Anyway, thank you for your work on this!
TwitchBot

Message(s) : 9

Message par haimke » 12 Sep 2014 15:59

hi
what about this problem?
will it solve soon?
any decision?
should I wait with my game for any solution?

thanks
Haim
haimke
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 45

Message par diplojak » 12 Sep 2014 23:23

sorry for the delay. Drinking Trough and Wildlife Reserve now work together. They make the reserve a 3/3/3 pasture, but some options are disabled as soon as there is more than one animal of a type.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message par Dermerlin » 13 Sep 2014 1:38

So you can remove the sticky of this topic.

EDIT: done :D
Dermerlin

Message(s) : 524

Message par ecotone » 06 Avr 2017 11:58

Thank you diplojak.

When you say
diplojak a écrit :sorry for the delay. Drinking Trough and Wildlife Reserve now work together. They make the reserve a 3/3/3 pasture, but some options are disabled as soon as there is more than one animal of a type.

I understand 3/3/3 is theory, but more 3/1/1 in practice ?

I think I'm like cephero here viewtopic.php?p=277288#p277288
I still don't see the logic but it's nice to know how it works..
ecotone

Re: [BUG - FIXED]: Drinking Trough + Wildlife Reserve

Message par diplojak » 06 Avr 2017 14:08

no, in theory it's 3/1/1 or 2/2/1. In practice it's 3/1/1. When I say 3/3/3 I just mean that if you open each of the dropdown list when the Reserve is empy , you can see 1,2,3 in every of them. But some options are disabled as soon as you have more than two animals of the same type in it.
diplojak
Administrateur

Re: [BUG - FIXED]: Drinking Trough + Wildlife Reserve

Message par ecotone » 06 Avr 2017 16:21

OK thanks
ecotone

Retour vers Agricola