Passing in draft

Passing in draft

Message par gutmeister » 10 Fév 2016 22:18

Does anyone know if you pass in turn order, or opposite turn order? As in, does the player after me if I'm starting player get my starting pack, or would I pass to the last player.
Thanks!
gutmeister

Message(s) : 25

Re: Passing in draft

Message par Oldie » 11 Fév 2016 1:13

the direction of the draft is different in 7/7 and 7/9 draft.
In 7/7 you draft counter clockwise. That means if you ar SP you pass to the last player.

In 7/9 you draft clockwise, so obviously that is the opposite to what i desribed for 7/7.
Oldie

Message(s) : 86

Message par gutmeister » 11 Fév 2016 2:45

Ah ok very interesting. Wonder why they would be different, but either way thanks for the response.
gutmeister

Message(s) : 25

Message par Ahla » 24 Jan 2017 23:55

Sorry to bump an old thread, but is this really true? I thought occupations was passed in one direction and improvements in the other. And why would there be any difference in 7 or 9 card drafts?
Ahla

Message(s) : 4

Message par Striker » 25 Jan 2017 2:44

Yes, this is true.
There is no hard or fast rule about drafting. Some people draft the Occs first, then the minors. Others do both at the same time. Some draft the Occs clockwise and Minors counter clockwise, or vice versa. It is really down to individual groups how they wish to conduct drafting. I have drafted different ways with different groups, just so long as you know beforehand, there is never a problem.
My understanding with BaJ is they decided to draft counter clockwise when they first set up Agricola online. Later, they introduced the 7/9 draft option and had drafting done clockwise instead, the more 'conventional' way if you like.
All down to personal choice. As I said, just so long as you know beforehand.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't.
Striker
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 248

Message par Ahla » 25 Jan 2017 15:51

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, this way works too, but I found it a bit strange. Especially that cards are sent in the other direction just because there are more cards. Just wanted to know so there is a better chance to predict who is holding what.
Ahla

Message(s) : 4

Retour vers Agricola