Burn every animals even if not enough space ?

Burn every animals even if not enough space ?

Message par DanTissa » 01 Fév 2017 14:28

Hi everyone, ( first at all : sorry for my english but I think more people will answer :) )

I've seen in the rule this :
1 Sheep (Stage 1): Place 1 Sheep on this space in the Replenish phase (Phase 2) of each
round. A player who selects this action takes all the Sheep from the Action space and must
either put them into his farmyard (see Rules, Action D) or use an Improvement to turn them
into Food. Sheep that cannot be pastured or turned into Food are returned to the general
supply.

So what I understood is : No space to welcome animals = no animals = no burn animals. Or more simply, you have to store them in your ground before burn them, if you can't, you have to sacrifice the excess without gain food on them.
In this fact, you can't take 6 sheeps and burn them all with fireplace if you haven't any fences, stables in your ground.

I just want to know if this issue will be solved one day or not :)
DanTissa

Message(s) : 1

Re: Burn every animals even if not enough space ?

Message par diplojak » 01 Fév 2017 14:36

as the issue is just what you understood, I hope it could be solved ;)

Sheep that cannot be pastured or turned into Food are returned to the general
supply.

It can't be clearer, either you store the sheeps, either you cook them, and if you can't, the sheep are released. No need to have enough place before using an improvement.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message(s) : 7130

Re: Burn every animals even if not enough space ?

Message par Striker » 01 Fév 2017 16:13

BaJ has implemented the rules of Agricola correctly regarding the "1 Sheep" action space.

It looks like you may have misunderstood the rule regarding animals, a very common mistake for new players to Agricola.

To clarify:

When you take animals from an action space (or receive them by any other means), you can EITHER store the animals (in your home, in a stable or in a pasture) OR use an improvement to turn them into Food (such as a Fireplace). Any animal that you cannot store in your farmyard or turn into Food MUST BE RETURNED TO THE GENERAL SUPPLY.

This means it is correct to take, using your example, 6 Sheep from the "1 Sheep" action space and cook all 6 Sheep in your Fireplace for 12 Food. It is also correct to take, using the same example, the 6 Sheep and keep 1 Sheep in your home and cook 5 Sheep in your Fireplace for 10 Food (and then cook the 1 Sheep remaining in your home in your Fireplace for 2 Food on your next action if you want). It is also correct to take the 6 Sheep and let them all run away by returning all 6 Sheep to the General Supply (if that is what you want to do to prevent your opponent from taking the 6 Sheep with a later action).

I trust that solves your misunderstanding and keep enjoying playing Agricola ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't.
Striker
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 251

Retour vers Agricola