Bug in game #2497151 - problem with sawhorse

Bug in game #2497151 - problem with sawhorse

Message par marsewob » 09 Fév 2017 0:10

I had to pay 1w for 15th fence while using sawhorse.

Regards,
marsewob
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 8

Re: Bug in game #2497151 - problem with sawhorse

Message par diplojak » 09 Fév 2017 12:22

indeed, there is a bug when you build only the 15th fence with hedge keeper and sawhorse, I can change that.

However the compendium seems a bit confusing

Hedge Keeper: free fences of the Hedge Keeper are built in the same fence building action as all other fences, but in an order of your choosing.

Sawhorse: free fences from the Sawhorse are built before the fences of the Hedge Keeper

as the second one is more specific, I think it has more value in our case. But it's not how it works currently.

From my understanding, you build:
6 fences. 3th and 6th for free (sawhorse), discount of 3 wood (hedge keeper) -> 1 wood paid. I think it should be 2 wood: you don't pay 4,5,6 because of of hedge keeper, you don't pay 3 because of sawhorse, but you pay the two first fences.
8 fences. 9th and 12th for free (sawhorse), discount of 3 wood (hedge keeper) -> 3 wood paid. I think it shoud be 4 wood: you don't pay 12, 13, 14 because of hedge keeper, and you don't pay 9 because of sawhorse, but you pay 7, 8, 10, 11.
1 fence. normally free because of sawhorse, but you paid one because the hedge keeper formula, I have to change this.

any other opinion?
diplojak
Administrateur

Message(s) : 7142

Message par Striker » 09 Fév 2017 14:28

I would always play that the Sawhorse and Hedge Keeper work together so that you can choose which fences to take for free. So long as you pay at least 1 Wood, the Hedge Keeper provides up to 3 fences free but does not specify that they MUST be the next 3 fences. Therefore, work the free fences from BOTH the Sawhorse and Hedge Keeper.
In the game that marsewob indicates, building the 15th fence should be free with the Sawhorse as you would choose NOT to activate the Hedge Keeper when taking this Fences action.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't.
Striker
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 268

Message par diplojak » 09 Fév 2017 14:59

the 15th fence in this game is not my point, I agree it should be free.

You don't care about "free fences from the Sawhorse are built before the fences of the Hedge Keeper" then?

The condition for the hedge keeper is not to pay at least one wood, it's to build a fence without the hedge keeper. But this one could also be a free fence from the sawhorse...
supposing you build your first 4 fences with the two cards. I guess you have to pay 1 wood because even if you choose the order of the free fences, the first one can't be free.
supposing you already built 8 fences, and now you build 4 more. The 9th is free because of the sawhorse, the 3 next ones are free too, so you pay nothing, right?
diplojak
Administrateur

Message par ecotone » 09 Fév 2017 15:13

Hi everyone,
Fully agree with Striker.
This means that, for your last point, you'd need to pay one wood:
9th is free (sawhorse)
10th has to be paid to activate hedge keeper
11th is free (hedge keeper)
12th is free (sawhorse)
13th and 14th are free (hedge keeper)
15th is free (sawhorse)
That's at least how I play them live!
ecotone

Message(s) : 5

Message par Striker » 09 Fév 2017 15:34

I meant to say, "build at least 1 fence" (not 1 Wood).

If you build the first 4 fences, I would agree that you must pay 1 Wood to build the 1st fence, the 2nd is free (HK), the 3rd is free (Sh), the 4th is free (HK) and the 5th would be free (HK), except you cannot build (to the best of my knowledge) the first and only 5 fences in a legal placement with EIK cards.

I would also agree with your comment about having already built 8 fences, the next 4 would be free. In fact the next 5 would be free (9 and 12 with the Sh, 10, 11 and 13 with the HK).

I would always play to maximise the effects with these 2 cards to get as much free fences as allowed, thereby choosing the order that you receive the free fences.

I read that the "Sawhorse: free fences from the Sawhorse are built before the fences of the Hedge Keeper" is that I can choose to make the fence free with the Sawhorse first. Therefore, in the example above about having already built 8 fences, the 12th fence is free with both the Sawhorse AND the Hedge Keeper. I can choose to make the 12th fence free with the Sawhorse, before the Hedge Keeper, meaning I can now make the 13th fence free with the Hedge Keeper.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't.
Striker
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 268

Message par diplojak » 09 Fév 2017 16:17

Striker a écrit :I read that the "Sawhorse: free fences from the Sawhorse are built before the fences of the Hedge Keeper" is that I can choose to make the fence free with the Sawhorse first.

ok, could be. so the implementation was ok, except for the "at least 1 wood when having hedge keeper" thing. fixed now.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message par SuperBrit » 09 Fév 2017 17:22

Well thanks for resolving this. I have had the sawhorse and hedge keeper on a number of occasions, but chose NOT to play BOTH because I was confused about how they should work !!
SuperBrit
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 18

Message par marsewob » 10 Fév 2017 21:49

Since te bug was fixed, can I have my 1w back?
Because wether the HK is in play or not, the 15th fence should be free

Thank you :-)
marsewob
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 8

Message par diplojak » 10 Fév 2017 23:34

sorry, I thought you don't need it. done.
diplojak
Administrateur

Retour vers Agricola