Select and discard Trajan Arch tile?

Modérateur: diplojak

Select and discard Trajan Arch tile?

Message par petyr » 14 Jan 2016 18:05

(Maybe it was discussed earlier, if so, please, show me that discussion.) I performed a Trajan Arch action with an extra tile and "+2" (game 40865 - http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/trj/partie.php?id=40865 ), but I had only 2 free slots. So the third tile I chose and discarded immediately. But in the rules (at least, in English variant) it is written literally: "While all possible slots for the Arch of Trajan on a player’s mat are occupied by Trajan tiles, the player cannot perform the Trajan action". So I just would not select the third tile, would I?
"Life is but a game" ("La vie n'est qu'un jeu"). What kind of game is your life?

And I'll never play games with 30 day limit again!
petyr
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 142

Re: Select and discard Trajan Arch tile?

Message par petyr » 24 Jan 2016 19:55

I see, such a tiny bug isn't worth fixing.
"Life is but a game" ("La vie n'est qu'un jeu"). What kind of game is your life?

petyr
Premium
Premium

Message par frederic.moulis » 24 Jan 2016 20:48

or, perhaps you can contact diplojak via PM because he may have not seen the message among the thousands others...
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 3012

Message par Josquin » 24 Jan 2016 21:31

petyr a écrit :(Maybe it was discussed earlier, if so, please, show me that discussion.) I performed a Trajan Arch action with an extra tile and "+2" (game 40865 - http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/trj/partie.php?id=40865 ), but I had only 2 free slots. So the third tile I chose and discarded immediately. But in the rules (at least, in English variant) it is written literally: "While all possible slots for the Arch of Trajan on a player’s mat are occupied by Trajan tiles, the player cannot perform the Trajan action". So I just would not select the third tile, would I?

Your last guess is the correct one: In the original (german) version, it is stated that you can't perform the Trajan action is case of all places are occupied by tiles.

petyr a écrit :I see, such a tiny bug isn't worth fixing.

I can't agree: It would permit to "destroy" a tile useful for another player - and there are already enough obstruction possibilities in this game...
Josquin
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 979

Message par diplojak » 25 Jan 2016 14:43

fixed. same for other impossible actions, they will be automatically ignored.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message(s) : 7142

Message par Josquin » 25 Jan 2016 15:26

:poucehaut:
Josquin
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 979

Message par MahaScott » 11 Oct 2017 20:55

Today I had an extra action tile for Senate, along with a +2 actions tile. Apparently this tile was discarded at the end of a quarter, but I didn't notice. I just know that I had one and when I took the Senate action, I didn't get an extra action, much less two extra actions. My extra action tile is now gone. The rules state that you remove forum tiles from the forum at the end of a quarter, but this tile was on my player board and not the main board. It seems that there is a gliche in the system. Had I known the tile would disappear I would have taken the Senate action before the end of the quarter.
MahaScott

Message(s) : 1

Message par petyr » 12 Oct 2017 13:31

MahaScott a écrit :Today I had an extra action tile for Senate, along with a +2 actions tile. Apparently this tile was discarded at the end of a quarter, but I didn't notice. I just know that I had one and when I took the Senate action, I didn't get an extra action, much less two extra actions. My extra action tile is now gone. The rules state that you remove forum tiles from the forum at the end of a quarter, but this tile was on my player board and not the main board. It seems that there is a gliche in the system. Had I known the tile would disappear I would have taken the Senate action before the end of the quarter.

Could you please give us a link to your game with this bug?

petyr
Premium
Premium

Retour vers Trajan