Game variants

Modérateur: diplojak

Game variants

Message par petyr » 10 Juil 2015 13:04

I listed them on BGG, but here we can discuss their application to the online game.

1. "Long John" - for 2 players, but with 4-players setting: long round tracker and Forum filled for 4. There is one problem: the Senate. On the long runs players may quickly get to the 8 votes, so my thought was to make "halves": after the first Senate position (2 votes) players advance on 1/2, but their VPs are rounded down. So instead of the regular "0-2-3-4-5-6-7-8" Senate track we receive "0-2-2-3-3-4-4-5-5-6-6-7-7-8-8".

2. "2 vs 2" - for 4 players, but with cooperation. Really, I thought that in live game co-players may exchange Commodities and maybe other things, and in online game it will cause many complications. The easiest variant will be just to organize players in pairs, and in the end the winning pair is that which VP sum is higher: 2 players win (and get equal ELO for the win).

But I'm not aware about the legal side of variants. Do they have to be discussed and agreed with publishers?
"Life is but a game" ("La vie n'est qu'un jeu"). What kind of game is your life?

And I'll never play games with 30 day limit again!
petyr
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 149

Retour vers Trajan