Do other games being played by an opponent affect YOUR elo?

Modérateur: diplojak

Do other games being played by an opponent affect YOUR elo?

Message par please join me » 25 Juil 2018 2:06

When a game ends, does the elo calculation use the elos from the start of the game or the end of the game? Often people are playing many games at the same time, therefore their elo can be very different at the end end of the game than when you agreed to play them.
please join me

Message(s) : 15

Re: Do other games being played by an opponent affect YOUR e

Message par Mysterix » 25 Juil 2018 7:30

Hi!
It is the endgame elo,
Otherwise a new player would become 5000 elo by playing against a lot of 1500 at the same time, when he is still 1200.
Mysterix

Message(s) : 2992

Message par cephero » 27 Juil 2018 11:20

I have a further question in the case of a 3 or more player game. Let's take a 3 player game for example between A,B and C, and assume A wins, B is second and C looses.
When game ends, I understand the elo computation is made by making 3 computations as if 3 games had been played : A vs B with A winner, A vs C with A winner, and B vs C with B winner.
My question : when B vs C is calculated, are B and C's elo taken at the end of the game or after A vs B and A vs C are calculated?
cephero

Message(s) : 177

Message par Mysterix » 27 Juil 2018 12:32

cephero a écrit :I have a further question in the case of a 3 or more player game. Let's take a 3 player game for example between A,B and C, and assume A wins, B is second and C looses.
When game ends, I understand the elo computation is made by making 3 computations as if 3 games had been played : A vs B with A winner, A vs C with A winner, and B vs C with B winner.
My question : when B vs C is calculated, are B and C's elo taken at the end of the game or after A vs B and A vs C are calculated?

Short answer : they are taken at the end of the game, the same elo will be used for all the computation
More detailed answer : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26300&p=293459&hilit=elo#p293459
Mysterix

Message(s) : 2992

Retour vers Trajan