feature suggestion: option to pass indefinitely

feature suggestion: option to pass indefinitely

Message par yzemaze » 19 Mai 2016 9:28

Sometimes I’m in a meeting where I have seats left, but have already played my pet project and don’t want to fulfill any more performance goals. This happens most often at the last meeting when saving seats for final scoring. I’d really appreciate an option to pass indefinitely instead of having to pass manually each time it’s my turn. This would speed up some games considerably, especially when only one player has seats left he’d like to spend and all others would rather pass.
yzemaze

Message(s) : 15

Re: feature suggestion: option to pass indefinitely

Message par diplojak » 19 Mai 2016 9:58

done. Please notice that the history will say "passes indefinitely" in this case, which gives small info to opponents, but it's easier for everyone (including me) to understand what happened, and you are still free to pass normally.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message(s) : 7134

Message par yzemaze » 19 Mai 2016 15:15

Thanks a lot for the quick implementation :)
yzemaze

Message par Thunkd » 24 Mai 2016 16:02

There should be an option to "Pass until a new goal is revealed".

Imagine this scenario, it's time to score goals and I've planned poorly. I cannot score points on any of the visible goals, while my opponents can. So I continue passing, while they keep scoring visible goals. This is slowing down the game, as they have to wait for me to log back in and pass each time. Yet, I don't want to "Pass indefinitely" because one of them may propose a goal where I could score points.

Let's imagine that one of the players has a goal that scores for having red cars and I have two red cars. If I pass indefinitely, then that player could see that I've passed indefinitely and know that I couldn't score that goal. So he'll propose it as his pet project. He gets rid of a goal that would be hard for him to accomplish without risking me getting points for it.

If there was a "Pass until a new goal is revealed" option, I could use that up front. And the two other players wouldn't be slowed down waiting for me to pass, pass, pass, pass again. But... when it came time for them to propose a pet project, they'd know I might jump back in and they'd have to be strategic in their choice. The player with the card that scores points for red cars probably wouldn't put that on the table and let me get a lot of points for it.
Thunkd

Message(s) : 21

Message par diplojak » 24 Mai 2016 16:15

actually I wonder if there is any interest to keep the option "pass". I can't see any drawback if "pass" works exactly as you described for "pass until a new goal is revealed". I am going to ask Vital about this.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message par frederic.moulis » 24 Mai 2016 16:31

diplojak a écrit :actually I wonder if there is any interest to keep the option "pass". I can't see any drawback if "pass" works exactly as you described for "pass until a new goal is revealed". I am going to ask Vital about this.

EDIT : I agree

But I still think that the history should never tell if you pass "indefinitely", "until the next goal revealed", or else ;) :twisted:
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 2819

Message par T-Bow » 24 Mai 2016 16:42

diplojak a écrit :actually I wonder if there is any interest to keep the option "pass". I can't see any drawback if "pass" works exactly as you described for "pass until a new goal is revealed". I am going to ask Vital about this.

Agreed.
T-Bow
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 14

Message par vital » 25 Mai 2016 9:07

Its true. You always pass until you have one new performance goal revealed. Then you decide to score that one or another one still open.
vital

Message(s) : 9

Message par yzemaze » 14 Juil 2016 18:00

As Vital seems to support the idea: How about it? It would really speed up (some) meetings.
yzemaze

Message par diplojak » 14 Juil 2016 18:53

sorry, I forgot it. it's done. But keep in mind you won't be able to come back as long as no one reveals a pet goal.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message par yzemaze » 14 Juil 2016 19:25

Thanks a lot :)
yzemaze

Message par klb1 » 11 Jan 2017 18:07

Came to weigh in on this "Pass Indefinitely" option. I don't understand why the other players need to know if you've passed Indefinitely. I suggest it just say "pass" on the History Screen but when it comes to your turn again it just automatically passes for you. This seems like a very easy solution. I really don't like giveing away valuable information but do think that speeding up play is quite nice. I know I won't ever use the "pass Indefinitely" option until all players personal goals have been revealed so as implemented now it won't save any time in my games.
klb1

Message(s) : 3

Retour vers Kanban