Date format on games

for discussions in english about the portal.

Modérateurs : minervois, diplojak, Piano, Crevette, lynkowsky

Règles du forum
this forum is for announcements and general discussions about boiteajeux, in english. To discuss about a specific game, you can post in english in the forum of this game.

Date format on games

Message par svearike » 10 Juin 2019 6:48

There has been no activity ib any of my games for a few days, so I decided to check the dates for time-out. One of them had time-out on the 7th of May 2019 - then the penny dropped: it was 07/05/2019, which, in the American manner of giving the date is the 5th of July 2019. Most countries use the notation day/month/year for dates and it is only the US that uses the month/day/year format (at least that is my understanding). So, this is my question: why does a European games site use the American format for dates?
svearike

Message(s) : 19

Re: Date format on games

Message par covadis » 10 Juin 2019 9:05

svearike a écrit :There has been no activity ib any of my games for a few days, so I decided to check the dates for time-out. One of them had time-out on the 7th of May 2019 - then the penny dropped: it was 07/05/2019, which, in the American manner of giving the date is the 5th of July 2019. Most countries use the notation day/month/year for dates and it is only the US that uses the month/day/year format (at least that is my understanding). So, this is my question: why does a European games site use the American format for dates?

It is probably because you are in the english version, and now, english power is in USA :mrgreen: :boulet:
covadis

Message(s) : 3393

Retour vers English forum