Bug in game 8504

Bug in game 8504

Message par brinbrin » 21 Juin 2019 18:14

Appears to be a bug in this game. On my turn I just ended, I was not allowed to upgrade the yellow black tile even though I had the parts and shifts available.

I tried to do it as the first action, second action etc.

When I clicked on the upgrade a design action, all of the designs were highlighted in yellow or green (I can't remember which color it is) but this one.

I tried undoing many times and it did not work.

I cannot find anything in the rules about this, and I upgraded a black tile that round as well. It looks to me like it's accidentally being coded as a black tile without a part on it (not upgradeable).

Can we - deduct a shift, get rid of a voucher and upgrade the black car design on my board for me?
brinbrin

Message(s) : 6

Re: Bug in game 8504

Message par frederic.moulis » 21 Juin 2019 18:37

no.
next time you will post before validating your turn, and we will explain you why you cannot (or we will analyze and fix the bug)
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 3504

Message par brinbrin » 21 Juin 2019 18:50

That's fine if you don't change the game state, but you can't look at the potential bug?
brinbrin

Message par frederic.moulis » 21 Juin 2019 20:07

I'm quite sure it's ok
after 8500+ games ;)
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message par brinbrin » 21 Juin 2019 20:15

Fair enough.
brinbrin

Message par brinbrin » 21 Juin 2019 22:59

I went through the logs, and have asked another person who is an expert at the rules and it still seems like a bug.

I'm going to try to recreate it if the game lasts.

I understand why you believe it's not a bug, but we attempted (another person here as well) to upgrade it multiple times.

The order of operations being, choose the upgrade shift, choose a design, choose voucher for design, place part on design board it consistently would not allow me to do the second step only for that design.
brinbrin

Message par frederic.moulis » 21 Juin 2019 23:13

I'm quite sure the problem is that there was no yellow cube left in the reserve.
If it is the case, then you are not allowed to use a voucher.
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message par brinbrin » 24 Juin 2019 16:46

frederic.moulis a écrit :I'm quite sure the problem is that there was no yellow cube left in the reserve.

Frederic, I appreciate your responses. After reviewing the log, that does appear like the reason why I was not able to upgrade both designs (there was only one yellow cube left).

However, and I'm sure I can't recreate this now but just for future reference (and it's possible my memory is wrong but I tried it several times and so did others).

I had 2 designs that required yellow cubes on my board with no yellow cubes in my slow, i had over 2 parts vouchers. When I clicked on the upgrade a design button (as the first action), the rightmost yellow design did not light up (to be available for upgrade) but the leftmost did. It's possible I'm misremembering and please disregard if you want to.
brinbrin

Message par frederic.moulis » 24 Juin 2019 19:25

brinbrin a écrit :
frederic.moulis a écrit :I'm quite sure the problem is that there was no yellow cube left in the reserve.

Frederic, I appreciate your responses. After reviewing the log, that does appear like the reason why I was not able to upgrade both designs (there was only one yellow cube left).

However, and I'm sure I can't recreate this now but just for future reference (and it's possible my memory is wrong but I tried it several times and so did others).

I had 2 designs that required yellow cubes on my board with no yellow cubes in my slow, i had over 2 parts vouchers. When I clicked on the upgrade a design button (as the first action), the rightmost yellow design did not light up (to be available for upgrade) but the leftmost did. It's possible I'm misremembering and please disregard if you want to.

Well, I do not have much time (actually, it's been more than 2 months now that I have not passed 24 hours straight without doing things on my work laptop), so I'm ok to watch for bugs, but only when one shows them to me :)
If you encounter this maybe-issue, feel free to put your game on hold and post a message here
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Retour vers Kanban