Tie break done wrong?

Modérateur: djbenp

Tie break done wrong?

Message par Ignition » 12 Jan 2020 3:44

If I'm not mistaken its
Points -> empty spaces -> last to take their turn

In this game it was awarded to the last on the turn order track, which I think is incorrect.
http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/cdb/partie.php?id=453244
Ignition

Message(s) : 3

Re: Tie break done wrong?

Message par moska018 » 12 Jan 2020 6:47

There is no mistake. You won the game because you were last to play. This is the same thinking as for the second tiebreaker "empty space" : the player with the most remaining empty space wins the tiebreaker, probably because he/she managed to earn as much points as the other player but with fewer tiles, so same thinking here... the last to play wins because he/she managed to earn as much points and having less choices among tiles when it's his/her turn to play.
moska018

Message(s) : 20

Message par RECIF » 12 Jan 2020 11:56

moska018 a écrit :There is no mistake. You won the game because you were last to play. This is the same thinking as for the second tiebreaker "empty space" : the player with the most remaining empty space wins the tiebreaker, probably because he/she managed to earn as much points as the other player but with fewer tiles, so same thinking here... the last to play wins because he/she managed to earn as much points and having less choices among tiles when it's his/her turn to play.

Nothing else to say, clear and right explains by moska, she could be a very nice referee :wink:
RECIF

Message(s) : 332

Message par Ignition » 12 Jan 2020 14:15

I was not last to play, smokeykt was. But a shipping tile was played which changed the turn order.
Ignition

Message par RECIF » 12 Jan 2020 22:43

Ignition a écrit :I was not last to play, smokeykt was. But a shipping tile was played which changed the turn order.

Ok, but it's the order at the end of the game which has given you the victory!
RECIF

Message(s) : 332

Message par Ignition » 12 Jan 2020 23:58

The player who is the farthest along on the victory point track is the winner. In the case of a tie, the winning player is the tied player with the fewest empty estate spaces. Should there still be a tie, then the winning player is the tied player who went later in turn order

Went later in turn order, is not the same as, ends game last in the turn order
Ignition

Retour vers Die Burgen von Burgund