Unable to create a game

for discussions in english about the portal.

Modérateurs : lynkowsky, minervois, diplojak, Piano, Crevette

Règles du forum
this forum is for announcements and general discussions about boiteajeux, in english. To discuss about a specific game, you can post in english in the forum of this game.

Unable to create a game

Message par Grongard » 22 Nov 2020 17:48

Whenever I try to create a game I get the message "One of the guests does not exist" - anyone else?
Grongard
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 6

Re: Unable to create a game

Message par surok9068 » 22 Nov 2020 19:10

Grongard a écrit :Whenever I try to create a game I get the message "One of the guests does not exist" - anyone else?

If it's a friend you know that should not happen
Otherwise if it's not somebody you know, the best is to create a game with no names invited
surok9068
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 1377

Message par Grongard » 22 Nov 2020 20:51

Yes it actually me, it happens when Im creating a 3 person game and the other two are my friends
Like the other problem I have screen shots
Grongard
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 6

Message par Naegiss » 22 Nov 2020 21:53

Hi,
I think the nicknames are case sensitive - could it be the cause?
Naegiss
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 2506

Message par petiteame » 22 Nov 2020 23:18

if I good understand, you have writed your name and the names of your 2 friends, haven't you? If you actually have, the problem is there: you have only to write the name of your friends, not yours!
petiteame
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 566

Message par movingmazes » 23 Nov 2020 12:16

It could also be that you misspelled a name. Try to copy paste it. some characters resemble others, like uppercase i and lower case L.
Do some tests to try to figure out what name causes the problem : create a game with sending an invite to just one of these 2 people, then delete the game. Then try the other one person, then delete the game. Then try both.
If you are a premium player, it could also be that you invite someone to a premium game, like Conhex, and the person is not premium, even if I don't think that the system goes so far as to verify this.

By the way...
surok9068 a écrit :
Grongard a écrit :Whenever I try to create a game I get the message "One of the guests does not exist" - anyone else?

If it's a friend you know that should not happen
Otherwise if it's not somebody you know, the best is to create a game with no names invited

... my experience tells me that you can invite people who are not your friends. Edit : But I am premium. Is it a premium feature?
movingmazes
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 78

Message par movingmazes » 24 Nov 2020 8:01

Just trying to figure out what could prevent that game creation, with some thoughts:

Also, the main difference between you, Grongard, and dugsy1969 and goinlocal is that you are premium, and they are not. But I suppose that when you try to create your game, you leave visibility to "all" (or friends if you are friends) and do not specify "premium", because if you specify premium it cannot work as they are not premium.

(And I suppose you specify a 3 participants game and invite only your 2 friends, and not yourself.)
movingmazes
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 78

Message par frederic.moulis » 24 Nov 2020 9:39

@Grongard, send me a pm telling what game you are trying to create and what friends you want to invite.
If possible, send me a screenshot of the game creation form, so that I can check what is wrong.
As the other said, invitation system is case-sensitive and I think it does not accept white spaces before or after the username.
You should not invite yourself, even if I'm not sure it would be a problem.
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 3639

Retour vers English forum