Unable to Accept an Invitation

for discussions in english about the portal.

Modérateurs : lynkowsky, minervois, diplojak, Piano, Crevette

Règles du forum
this forum is for announcements and general discussions about boiteajeux, in english. To discuss about a specific game, you can post in english in the forum of this game.

Unable to Accept an Invitation

Message par Grongard » 22 Nov 2020 17:54

This is about problems with my account, I'm only mentioning AGRICOLA because that was how the problem shows up

My friend dugsy1969 created AGRICOLA 3793456 and invited me (Grongard) and goinlocal
The invite email arrives - when I follow the link its not there
I can find it be searching waiting list
In the list it says goinlocal twice
One of the labels point so goinlocal, the other goes yo my welcome page

I have the email and screen shots captured if they will help
Id really like this sorting out.
Grongard
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 6

Re: Unable to Accept an Invitation

Message par lynkowsky » 22 Nov 2020 22:00

Weird... I may delete the game and then he should try and create a new one. Or send a pm to diplojak, so that he can have a look at it.
lynkowsky
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 11566

Message par movingmazes » 23 Nov 2020 12:28

Grongard a écrit :This is about problems with my account, I'm only mentioning AGRICOLA because that was how the problem shows up

My friend dugsy1969 created AGRICOLA 3793456 and invited me (Grongard) and goinlocal
The invite email arrives - when I follow the link its not there
I can find it be searching waiting list
In the list it says goinlocal twice
One of the labels point so goinlocal, the other goes yo my welcome page

I have the email and screen shots captured if they will help
Id really like this sorting out.

When you follow what link? As far as I remember, to join the game, you do not need to follow a link. Simply look in the list of games you can decide to join, and that game should be there, visible to you but not visible to "other not invited people" for a period of one week.

But what I think is this : You joined the game successfully, but goinlocal has not done so yet... This is why the game is not accessible yet. Try to find out with goinlocal if he tried to join the game.
I also noticed that sometimes (or always) the name of persons who did not join the game appears twice, and this adds in confusion, but in the end eveverything works fine. The name is perhaps repeated just to show that it is a 3 person game and to emphasize the name of those who are still awaited, by just showing the name of the creator and then missing persons.
movingmazes
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 78

Message par frederic.moulis » 23 Nov 2020 15:03

Grongard : can you try again please ?

movingmazes :
movingmazes a écrit :When you follow what link? As far as I remember, to join the game, you do not need to follow a link. Simply look in the list of games you can decide to join, and that game should be there, visible to you but not visible to "other not invited people" for a period of one week.

When you're invited, you receive an email, with a link that you can click. This is a generic link (http://www.boiteajeux.net/index.php?p=rejoindre)

movingmazes a écrit :But what I think is this : You joined the game successfully, but goinlocal has not done so yet... This is why the game is not accessible yet. Try to find out with goinlocal if he tried to join the game.
I also noticed that sometimes (or always) the name of persons who did not join the game appears twice, and this adds in confusion, but in the end eveverything works fine. The name is perhaps repeated just to show that it is a 3 person game and to emphasize the name of those who are still awaited, by just showing the name of the creator and then missing persons.

No. Grongard has not joined the game, yet.
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 3639

Message par Grongard » 23 Nov 2020 16:43

I have asked the others to check they are joined
BUT the game did not appear to me in a list after I got the email invite, I had to find it in the waiting room, so I have never clicked on the blue arrow to join it.
Grongard
Premium
Premium

Message par Grongard » 23 Nov 2020 16:50

Anyone with tech knowledge pleas look at 3793456
goinlocal left and is no longer listed - thats after I asked him to check
dugsy1969 is listed 2 times - click on first it goes to his profile - click on the cocoons and it goes to my landing page

That is the problem I was invited, it sent me the email but I cannot get at the game.
Grongard
Premium
Premium

Message par frederic.moulis » 23 Nov 2020 16:53

Grongard a écrit :I have asked the others to check they are joined
BUT the game did not appear to me in a list after I got the email invite, I had to find it in the waiting room, so I have never clicked on the blue arrow to join it.

Tell your find to recreate a game. I'll delete this one that is buggy
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 3639

Message par Grongard » 24 Nov 2020 0:37

Well some progress. goinlocal was able to create a game and I joined it.
But as per my other post I still cannot create a game for my friends and myself
Grongard
Premium
Premium

Retour vers English forum