[possible bug] Three Paladins #14583

[possible bug] Three Paladins #14583

Message par Kvík » 13 Mai 2022 10:16

Hi, in #14583 there is something going on which I do not understand. We've had the I'm Back, Ladies event, in which I was awarded the human 8-paladin and player DeDusko got the elf 7-paladin. Now I am the only one above the paladin space.
During the combat I am about to capture the 8-paladin with Plague+Plague+Rusty Nails (one Plague is pre-installed) in the Labyrinth. This should give me +2 evil but cannot, since I am already absolutely evil. Even if it could, it would not matter.

Now I can choose the order of the traps as I please. The problem is that after I capture the human 8-paladin I immediately get the elf 7-paladin from DeDusko, even though the Festival Season rules are quite explicit about this:
Dungeon Lords: Festival Season rulebook a écrit :In Combat, paladins ignore dungeons that have an imprisoned paladin from the same Year.

and in the extra paladin booklet
Dungeon Lords: The Paladin Rules! a écrit :Rule 4: A player who eliminates a paladin will not be assigned another paladin for the remainder of the Year.
So if you have one of this Year’s paladins in your prison, all the other paladins will ignore you as though you were not on the Evilometer at all – even if you are Egregiously Evil.

The new paladin is able to prevent some of the traps' damage, which changes the outcome of the combat phase.

What I expected:
- B M F P (captured, Bard, Mage, Fighter, Paladin with their current HP after the first round of combat)
0 5 5 7 2 (+ courage)
0 5 5 7+ 2 (plague, -3 trap damage from paladin)
0 3 3 7 2 (plague, paladin cannot prevent more trap damage)
0 1 1 5 0 (rusty nails, 8-paladin in prison already)
0 0 0 4 0 (no conquering (rusty nails) + no healing)

What I got:
- B M F P
0 5 5 7 2 (+ courage)
0 3 3 7 2 (plague, paladin cannot prevent more trap damage)
0 1 1 5 7 fresh elf 7-paladin (rusty nails, 8-paladin in prison, fresh paladin -3 trap damage)
0 1 1 5 7 (no conquering, no healing)

or with a different trap order
- B M F P
0 5 5 7 2 (+ courage)
0 3 3 7 2 (rusty nails, no trap prevention)
0 2 2 7 1 (plague, no trap prevention)
0 0 0 5 7 fresh elf 7-paladin (rusty nails, 8-paladin in prison, but fresh paladin -3 trap damage)
0 0 0 5 7 (no conquering, no healing)

Does the I'm Back, Ladies event card also trigger the Multiple Capture Variant? Or am I missing something else here?
Even in that case, the Multiple Capture Variant says that
Dungeon Lords: The Paladin Rules! a écrit :Variant Rule 4: When a player eliminates a paladin, no paladins enter play or change dungeons until that player’s turn is done.

Thank you very much.
Kvík

Message(s) : 8

Retour vers Dungeon Lords